Cartwright Funeral Home has served the community of Winchester for nearly a century. It was established by Robert S. Painter in the mid-1930's as a funeral home for Winchester's black residents and first located on East Pall Street. Joseph Cartwright took over its management in 1940. For a time the business was located on North Kent Street. For more than 40 years, Cartwright's operated in this building. Today the establishment is at 232 East Fairfax Lane and is owned by Joseph's nephew Bruce Cartwright.
No Physical Description Available
Geographical and Contact Information
232 E. Fairfax Lane